Collegiate Church - with its chapels and the crypt
The architectural style of this twelfth century building features elements
which point to the transition period from the late Romanesque to the early
Gothic tradition. There are Burgundian influences. The Chapels - The first
three side chapels were built between 1321 and 1386. A fourth chapel
dedicated to St. Anne was built in 1490. The iron grill work is similar to
that found in the choir area.
The Crypt - The twelfth century crypt is located underneath the choir. The
groined vaulted ceiling is supported by four massive pillars from the
eleventh century. The crypt was originally built for the sarcophagus of St.
Ursicinus which is now located under the main altar of the Collegiate Church.
switzerlandjurastursannecollegiate churchhdrclos du doubs